Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One Down



Yup, this my friends is the first of my 3 UFO's for Finn's challenge. I know, I know, it's just a pieced top. But, that's a LOT more than it was a week ago. I found the wonderful border fabric with coffee words on it in tones of pink and dark red and KNEW it would be perfect for the border. This Disappearing 9-Patch is destined to be for the guest bed. Our guest room is very tiny, barely big enough to hold the antique Jackson bed & dresser. It's also Pepto Bismal pink. That's the color it was when we moved in and we've just never been motivated to paint it.

Along with finishing the piecing on this top, I also finished the quilting on my Old Tobacco Road. As soon as I'm finished with the binding I'll post pictures. Next up on my UFO list is the Blooming 9-Patch. After that's done, I'm not sure what I'll tackle. I'm leaning towards something smaller.....


2 comments:

Finn said...

Hello again, I'm just popping in to say "hi" and see how things are coming with you. I'm very, very impressed! To be out the borders in just a week...wow! I'm sure its going to look wonderful in the guest room. I hope you'll take a picture for us.
You are rolling great guns girl! Doesn't it feel good to have things on the way to finished? Hugs,FInn

Sherry said...

What a beautiful quilt! If you hadn't said it was a Disappearing 9 Patch I wouldn't have known.

It looks very elegant & not at all as scrappy and busy as some of these quilts can get. . . it's amazing to see how different fabrics make block designs look different.

Keep up the good work!

In peace & pieces,

Sherry V.