Thursday, July 23, 2009

Zig Zag Stars & More


The Zig Zag Star quilt top is done. I think this had to be the easiest and fastest top I've ever made. Unfortunately the quilting of it will not be nearly as quick as it must wait it's turn. I'm sure it will be a well behaved quilt top and patiently await it's turn.

Meanwhile, see these adorable little munchkins?

Aren't they cute wrapped up in their quilts. This picture was from two years ago and these are the quilts I made each of them when they were born. They were visiting along with their parents this past weekend and they each had their quilts in the car with them. Jonathan, the older one told me that he really liked his quilt "because it has a cool side and a fuzzy side." This is why I make quilts. This is what I love to see. People not afraid to use and love their quilts. And almost 6 years later they are much loved and used every day. That just makes me smile. I told both boys that when they outgrew these quilts I would make them bigger quilts. I know that those quilts will also be used and loved. I'm guessing they probably won't accompany them on long car trips though.......

Some things are just genetic....

There's something about summer and dry, scratchy grass. The Spotted One has taken to laying out in the dry grass and has even, on occasion, been caught rolling around on his back. Sneakers, his grandmother used to do the same thing in the exact same spot on the grass. Arlo has only just acquired this habit. Ditto, our first Dal would never think of doing it. He much preferred the shade. But both Sneakers and Arlo have always preferred to be excessively warm, whether that means sunbathing or snuggling under a quilt. Yup, it's genetic.


2 comments:

*karendianne. said...

What a trip! They both float to the same spot. I love this photo you're share, too. So majestic they are. Sneakers and Arlo ~ snugglers. :)

Wow, that Zig Zag Stars came together real quick. I dig that. How fun for you and us. And look at those happy quilts. A beautiful sentiment you share here, valued and special words. "This is what I love to see. People not afraid to use and love their quilts." You aren't the only one smiling, Liz. I'm smiling with you.

backporchquilter said...

Great stories, Liz. If the kids have anything left of those quilts when they graduate high school, you could incorporate a part of the baby quilt into the new one.