Monday, November 22, 2010

It's a Christmas Quilt!

Another UFO bites the dust. This Christmas quilt was started two years ago (blogged about here). Since I seem to be in "finishing" mode, I decided it was time to bring this one back out and finish up. This makes finish #2 in the last month or so -- I know, where's finish #1 you say. You'll just have to wait till after Christmas to see a picture of the completed project. There have been some sneak peaks posted here awhile ago.....

Check out the pillowcases that match the border of the quilt! I used the leftover border fabric for them. As usual, I backed this with nice, cozy flannel and used wool batting -- my favorite combination for a quilt. It's nice and cozy and just in time -- we're having unusually cold, and snowy weather here in the Pacific Northwest.



I quilted it with an allover meander with loops and holly leaves.


And here's what it looks like outside! A certain Spotted One isn't too crazy about the cold weather and has spent an awful lot of time just staring out the patio door.....have I mentioned that he's a weather wussy?


3 comments:

Cathi said...

Oooh, beautiful quilt -- for Christmas or any time!! I really love the look of it!! Congratulations on a great finish!

*karendianne. said...

Oh my gosh this is so sparkly!!! What a great job you did and the quilting is so neat. Great job, Liz. I hope you are really feeling super super good about this finish. Exceptionally holiday-ish. :)

Julie Fukuda said...

I agree this is a beautiful quilt for any time!