Monday, December 02, 2013

Plodding Along - Celtic Solstice

Today is the first day of the link up for Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice mystery quilt-along. I got a delayed start due to Thanksgiving company that didn't leave until mid-day Saturday. However, I did manage to steal an hour or so on Friday to get started. 

Unfortunately, I wasn't happy with contrast between the browns and the wine reds. So, then I tried a couple test blocks with brighter reds. 

Brighter reds are on the left -- much better. However, DH had other ideas and wanted to finish up a series we had started watching on Netflix. So, this is all I managed to accomplish so far. I'm hoping I will be able to get them all completed by Friday when the next clue comes out. 


4 comments:

Quilt Crazy said...

I love the reds and browns. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you do.

Vireya said...

The brighter reds look good with your browns.

Andee said...

This clue is looking great...love seeing the different colors people pick!

Batiklover said...

There you are Liz!!! I kept checking to see when part 2 of your cruise was posted. Sorry it was such a bad experience!!! Looks like you are keeping busy, can't wait to see what this mystery looks like......BTW, when are we going to get a look at your studio???!!! :-)