Wednesday, December 03, 2008

My Dark Secret


Yesterday, Mary posted about her messy sewing room. Well, that prompted me to take another look at my disaster. I admit it, I'm a slob. I'd much rather be doing ANYTHING but cleaning and straightening up. I have a sign still on the doorway of my former sewing room that states "Creative Minds are Rarely Tidy". That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Meanwhile, I'll let you in on my deep, dark secret. I hope it doesn't scare you too much. But, this is the current state of my sewing room. After looking at it from this perspective, I'm deeply ashamed of it. As soon as I run today's errands I think I will go right downstairs and try to put some order back into this chaos.
So, Mary, do I win the prize?

3 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

It's definitely messier than mine although I didn't think that was possible! I'm in the process of doing some straightening but the corner with the strings is going to stay that way...no sense in cleaning it up until I'm done with them!

Linda said...

Yeah, it is messy, but in an organized way!!! I see containers with pieces for two projects; there's still space to cut on the cutting board; and obviously you're still quilting stuff. . .don't be so hard on yourself!
Lurking Linda

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Don't they say messyness is a sign of creativity? At least thats whay I have always believed *grin*