Sunday, May 03, 2009

Finishes & More

Finishes: The quilting on two high school senior quilts for church. Each June we present the graduating high school seniors with quilts. This year it's five. Each quilt is personalized for the senior with the main fabric representing one of their main interests or hobbies. Some years this can be quite a challenge. I lucked out this year, one girl ended her questionnaire with "I drive a VW beetle." Well, I just so happened to have the perfect fabric in my stash. I quilted this with lime green thread and Daisies Galore pantograph by Timeless. I'm very happy with how this came out.



The next quilt was pieced by Claudia, a fellow QB and then I quilted it using my double spiral board. Don't know if I will be using that again in the near future. What a pain in the neck it was lining it up for each of the 48 blocks. Then, once that was completed I needed to quilt the empty spaces between the spirals and the borders. Thankfully that part went quickly. I still need to get a picture of the whole quilt. This quilt is for the one guy in this year's group. The border is planes and helicopters which is why I felt the spirals sorta fit.



More: The next picture is a work in progress. I've been trying out Tonya's free style lettering. This is to be hung from the balcony at church so it will be viewed as you leave. I'm toying with putting stained glass crazy patch blocks around the words but I need to try it out first. For the record, I wasn't standing square in front of this when I snapped the photo.



On of these days I'll sit down long enough to figure out why blogger doesn't want to display my photo in my header........grrrrr!!!!!!!


And, because somebody has said I don't post enough pictures of a certain spotted beast, this one's for you K.D.




1 comment:

*karendianne. said...

Love the quilts but look who is here?! My favorite spotted dog. You don't post enough pictures of Arlo. He has to be in posted and shared and up in lights. I'm all for it. And that snooter just wants to be kissed. I know it does. Awwww, I love Arlo!