Sunday, November 01, 2009

When a Plan Comes Together

This afternoon was a baby shower for a young couple at church. They are confessed "nerds" -- she is a math teacher and he is an engineer. 3 of the QB's decided to make a group quilt for our shower gift. So, the hunt was on for nerdy, teacher/math oriented fabric. It took some searching, but I soon found the perfect fabric.


Here's a sneak peak at the completed quilt. The quilting was even numbers. I used a Dave Hudson pantograph which was perfect for a math teacher.  The fabric has been ordered online and arrived on Friday. I passed out the color dots from the selvage to Claudia and Sally. Claudia left on Monday for the QB retreat (I was not going -- long story but it involves a certain Spotted One among other things.) Sally returned from out of town and picked up my two rows and the borders -- inner border all pieced and headed to the retreat first thing Wednesday.



Claudia & Sally complete their rows and assemble the top. Friday afternoon they delivered the top to me for quilting. I loaded it on Bessie (my trusty HQ16) and proceeded to quilt, and quilt, and quilt some more. Then  it was time for the binding. Saturday evening was spent binding accompanied by some Halloween movies. Nothing like Night of the Living Dead to accompany some hand sewing.

And here's the happy Mom-to-Be with the completed baby quilt -- 1 week start to finish.


2 comments:

Batiklover said...

Love it, love it, love it. Wish I could finish a quilt in 1 week!!! I would be happy with 1 month - hee hee

*karendianne. said...

OH my gosh this is so amazingly fun and Liz, THAT QUILTING PANTO is so cool. What a great choice. And wow, 1 week start to finish. Y'all are the coolest.