Thursday, August 28, 2008

Story of my Life -- Catching Up



Catching up: First I've not posted in over a week -- but I've been busy. We went camping last weekend! Yup, our first campout of the year. I know, here it is with the last "official" weekend of summer fast approaching. Well, every now and then life gets in the way. On the plus side the new refrigerator in the bus works! On the negative side, the current extra battery only lasted 23 hours for the refrigerator. :-( But, a new one will be installed this weekend, prior to our 4 day jaunt to the Re-Union gathering in eastern Oregon.




I did get some knitting done. This is the beginning of yet another pair of sox. Ok, so I love to knit sox. This pattern is from Wendy Knits, Seaweed Socks. I love her patterns. She's a very prolific sock designer and has a book coming out April 2009. I'm looking forward to it.


Meanwhile, while watching Olympics and trying to "baby" my neck and shoulders I got a lot of hand work done. I can't show you here, it's part of the QB Christmas Challenge. I even got a little of it done while camping.


I did spend one afternoon quilting this week and got the blocks put together for the next QOV. I just have to wash the border fabric. My plans for the next couple days involve finishing the quilting on the wedding quilt. It's been loaded on "Bessie" for several weeks now. Hopefully I won't do anymore frogging on it.

No comments: