Monday, August 04, 2008

Sidetracked Yet Again

I don't know what it is with me lately, but I can't seem to stick with one project. I keep getting sidetracked. First there is the wedding quilt. After finally getting it loaded on the "Bessie" (HQ16), I started quilting the top two rows, both different, and decided I HATED what I had just done so now I'm picking it all out. Long sigh....it seems like I was just here with the last project I tried quilting.

Meanwhile, I've been reading a lot of other quilting blogs. On Patti's "Quiliting is my Passion" she has a wonderful tutorial on making Crumb Chaos blocks. Considering that I seem to save every little scrap of fabric, I thought this would be a good way for me to use up my scraps. So, in between frogging the wedding quilt, piecing the next QOV I'm now sorting through my enormous basket of scraps and starting Crumb Chaos blocks. I think that once I've sorted through my scraps and gotten a handle on them, I'm hoping that I can continue to cut up the scraps as I generate them instead of throwing them all into the basket for dealing with "Someday". I'll let you know how it goes.


And oh yeah, I forgot to mention the other QOV that I also started playing around with. That's what I get for playing around in EQ after a friend tells me about a block they saw on Fons & Porter. That makes 3 QOV's that have been started: jelly roll rw&b, strings & split 9-patch. Sheesh, I'm beginning to think I have ADD.


No comments: