Saturday, August 15, 2009

Not Much To Show

Well, after almost 1-1/2 months, I have FINALLY managed to finish the curtains for the bus! Had to, we're going camping next weekend!


I think they look pretty darn cute. And, there's enough fabric leftover for me to make yet another quilt for the bus. Here's a closeup of the fabric -- note the yellow bus AND the teardrop trailer.



Other than the curtains, the only thing I've been working on is the trailer. It's coming along, slowly. We seem to take two steps forward and one backward. After getting the main portion of the trailer skinned with the masonite and everything worked just perfectly, we thought we were on a role. Skinned the hatch, using about a bazillion clamps. Let it dry for about 22 hours, like the trailer, then unclamped everything. We even took all the clamps back across the street to the neighbor! Came back to find that half the hatch had sprung!


We're hoping that because the weather was cooler and damp, it didn't let the glue dry completely. We will see when we unclamp it again later today.

Meanwhile, we discovered that the trailer will have to be inspected by the Washington State Patrol prior to being able to license it. We've also been told that it could take up to 6 weeks for an appointment. Grrrrrrrr! That is NOT GOOD. We've been working all summer to get this trailer done so we can take it on our 4 day campout to eastern Oregon, the biggest WetWestie campout of the year! I'll know more on Monday when I can actually talk to an inspection officer. They only work Mon-Thurs.

If you are really interested in viewing more pictures of the teardrop build, they can be found here: Teardrop Build Pictures.



3 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Okay I was all set to say "that teardrop in the fabric is perfect" - and it is, but to read that it did like a chick and came undone, well, I'm bummed. I think I said "oh nooo" in that Karen tone of voice. Then I continued on with a deep furrow in my brow because it's turning into a chore.

Fear not! I'll do nothing to pollute the situation and send nothing but good vibes.

Words have power so here's to the zippin' curtains. You did a fantastic job with that fabric. Everything hangs so well, lines up, easy on the eyes. That couldn't have been easy. I celebrate, once again, your skill & determination.

Batiklover said...

Love the fabric and your curtains are soo cute. A friend at work had a tear drop and they are just soo cool!! Can't wait to see it when it's finished....

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love the curtain fabric! Perfect!!