Thursday, June 16, 2011

Caught Up

I couldn't stop yesterday, I had to make two more blocks for the Farmer's Wife QAL.



Block #5 - Bat Wing




Block #6 - Double Dipper

As I was sewing Block #6 I realized I had made a dumb mistake cutting out the pieces. I was not paying enough attention to the fact that these were NOT half-square triangles but were quarter square triangles. Unfortunately all my sides edges are not on the straight of grain. Thankfully, because I've started using non-aerosol Niagra starch on all my quilting fabrics before cutting them out, the bias edges behaved themselves. Note to self -- pay attention to straight of grain. I'm blaming this faux pas on the fact that game seven of the Stanley Cup Playoffs was about to begin. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Now I need to drag myself away from the sewing machine and go paint the new trim for the downstairs hallway.....

- LizA.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Charity said...

Your blocks look great. :) I can see why it would be hard to pull yourself away to go paint.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

They look great! I love the 30's print ones in your last post too. GOod luck!!!