Monday, December 19, 2011

Truckin' Along

Well, it's Monday. That means it's "link-up" day for Bonnie's Orca Bay Mystery. I'm afraid I don't have a whole lot to show for the latest part. I admit, I've been a bit distracted with trying to finish up some Christmas projects. WHY do I always wait till the last minute for these?!?

Anyway, here's where I'm at:
The top portion is all the half square triangles awaiting the addition of the black triangles. The bottom pile is the ones that are partially completed. They still need a second triangle attached.

Here's my box of completed steps. You can see just a few completed units from this last step in the upper right corner. I have a LONG way to go and I seriously doubt much sewing will get done in the next few weeks....

On another note, we finally had a nice day that coincided with my having a quilt holder available to get a picture of the new Christmas quilt with free pieced words in the border. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to take pictures of a 96" square quilt when your house is really small and you live in the Pacific Northwest where it rains 2/3 of the year?!?

I also attempted to get some Christmas pictures of a certain Spotted One. This time without help. Note to self, don't hold the cheese in the same hand with the camera!

I did finally manage to get a good one for use on our annual Christmas card and it's not this one -- yeah, I know, nothing like putting things off till the last minute......

Ah well...maybe next year I might start thinking about these things sooner. But then again, knowing me, I doubt it. But now I must go make some cookies for the Quilting Broads Christmas party and challenge reveal tomorrow.....


2 comments:

Kathy's A Quilter said...

great picture of the spotted one licking his chops thinking about the cheese treat in your hand...lol.

antique quilter said...

I LOVE your Christmas quilt, I have a few ideas to make more for next year and one was filled with words,
love your choice of words and the design is wonderful.
YOu did an amazing job, its beautiful
Kathie