Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I'd Rather be Camping...

....but since I wasn't, I did some serious quilting.

Here's my completed "Old Tobacco Road" quilt from Bonnie Hunter. Since the bed in the VW bus isn't that big I opted to not add the flying geese border. This fits the bed nicely and is just the perfect colors to compliment our brown bus. I'll find some nice flannel for the backing and then get it loaded on "Bessie", my HQ16. I quite happy with how it came out. I don't know if I've ever done a quilt top with as many pieces as this one has. But it was fun, and I keep finding myself drawn to scrappy quilts lately.


Also completed, is the next QOV top. This one had just needed borders. This top started as a jelly roll from Moda. I'm very happy with how it turned out. Once I get this quilted, I'll send it and the disappearing 9-patch off to Alycia for her 400 QOV quilt project. She's up to 135 quilts and counting. If they continue to come in at this rate she will easily reach her goal. It's great to see how quilters around the country can come together for such a worthy cause. Way to go Alycia!

So, instead of camping, I quilted and worked my way through two complete Lee Child audio books. A worthy few days but still, I would rather have been camping. From the sounds of it, the 12 Annual Re-Union campout was a resounding success. 36 buses, 110 people and a good time had by all. I guess there's always next year......



2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love them both!! The OTR came together really nice - enjoy it!!!

Anonymous said...

Both the quilts are lovely - I especially like the colors in the Old Tobacco Road.