Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fun With Ink


Today myself and 2 other QB's took a class using Tsukineko Inks. The class was based on lovely patterns designed by Enchanted Valley Arts. Being the rebel that I am, I chose not to do the pillow as designed in the pattern. And, being the scatterbrain that I am, I naturally left the first pattern that I had purchased at home. Oh well, I didn't REALLY want to do that design anyway. So, instead, I purchased the pattern I had originally wanted to do, but which had been sold out at the time. Barb, the instructor was super fun and extremely knowledgeable. It was a FUN class!
I'm not quite sure what this will end up as or in. I wanted rhody to be a little more darker pink/red -- more like the memorial one that we planted in memory of my mother. Somehow mine came out pinker than I had wanted. I also seem to have lost a small portion of my wash background. The process is fun and I have several ideas barreling through my brain using these inks. I just need to grab one and hang on.



No comments: