Monday, September 01, 2008

So Much for Good Intentions..


So, here it is, the end of a 3 day weekend. Instead of working on one my UFO's for Finn's challenge, I did something I've never done before -- start a mystery quilt. When I read Bonnie's intro for her Old Tobacco Road I knew immediately that I had to do this mystery. Since I have a rather large bin of browns awaiting me for the Beige Behemouth, and, since I had decided the previous weekend that we needed a couple quilts for the bus for the warmer weather quilting....well, as a quilter, you know how easy it is to succomb to such temptation. I admit it, I have NO WILLPOWER! None, zilch, zippo. Besides, the pictures Bonnie posted of the tobacco fields, all rosy and glowing were just breathtaking. And, since our beloved bus is brown, well, that's enough justification for me.


So, here it is, almost midnight on Monday evening. I'm still working on all those darn windmills from Part Two. But, I had to cut all my browns this afternoon just to "see" how this is going to look. I'm getting excited. I'm hoping to finish the pinwheels tomorrow. But, between the endless list of things that have to be done before we leave at o'dark hundred Thursday for the Re-Union Campout it's highly unlikely that much more is going to get done for at least another week. :-(


Between lunch with friends, trip to Olympia to see Dad and get that bigger battery for the fridge I just didn't get as much sewing time in as I had wanted. However, I have all winter to sew and only a short amount of good camping weather left so, camping it is.
Hhhmmm, there's always November & December for Finn's challenge.....




1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I bet you will be glad you started th Old Tabacco Road - I like the way it is turning out so far!