Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

Decisions, decisons. Since I decided I didn't like the gold background of the first attempt, I've redone the blocks with a scrappier background. It's definitely better. But now for the dilemma. Which setting to use. I really like this jewel box setting and it works well with the Christmas fabrics. I could definitely see this as a full size bed quilt. But then, same with the other setting....oh, what to do, what to do. I think I'll keep making more pieces and put both samples up together on the wall and hopefully, by then, I'll be able to make up my mind.

Meanwhile, if you're reading this and have a preference, please let me know. Leave me a comment on which one you think would make a better setting.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My pick is absolutely number two - you know I'm a sucker for all this layout no matter what the block!
Really, both are wonderful, but my choice is the second.

Anonymous said...

Humm, I love #2, simply because I love the barn raising setting. I have learned, however, that it looks its best in a square quilt (I read it in a Joen Wolfrom book). If your quilt is going to be longer than it is wide, I vote for the Jewel Box setting. I love the blocks, and more white backgrounds. It will be beautiful whatever setting you choose.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh no - I am going to make things harder - I like Number 1. But then again I have like 4 patterns that look like number 1 that I really want to make and just haven't! What a decision.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

oh! good luck deciding that one! can't decide... all in the eye of the beholder... love your, ARLO! I had a Myah... Miss that dal... happy camping... rain or shine!