Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Hearts


Finally, some sewing and something to show for it. Besides finishing all the log cabin hearts I also managed to get 2 of teh 32 regular log cabin blocks completed. After more than a week of no sewing it felt good to get something accomplished. Now I just need to prioritize all of my many ongoing projects. I really do think I have ADD. I am so easily distracted. Am I the only one who goes from project to project without completing the first one before starting a second, and third and even fourth? So many quilts.

While browsing quilting blogs the other day I found several references to being easily distracted. At least I know I'm not alone and that I'm in good company.

I also found a Quilting Bucket List -- a list of quilts the quilter wanted to do before she died. I liked that idea. There are SO MANY quilts I want to do. But I wonder, if I actually put them down in writing, more or less in the order of importance, I wonder how many there would be? Would it count if they get started but not completed? Do you see a recurring theme here? I definitely need more discipline.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Liz A!! I just happened upon your blog through Quilt Bloggers and jumped over to take a look. HOW FUN you sound! And Arlo is a hoot. I love four-legged friends. We have 3 Weimaraners who run our life and we'd have it no other way. I hope you don't mind if I put you on my blogs to follow.

On a serious, serious note. I'm glad you all dodged the most recent layoff. These are certainly questionable times. We've been "there" after 9-11 and hope we can "skirt" it this time. So far, so good.

Has the snow turned into rain yet?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am easily distracted also. My girls have always laughed at me and said I was hyperactive and had ADD -- in fact my youngest daughter says that my grandson gets it from me -- I just told her back that that means he will be very creative!
Personally I think we just have so many ideas for creative things going through our heads it is hard to concentrate on just one. :)
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

*karendianne. said...

beautiful!